(HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Southern Education CPR programs are designed to deliver the highest quality of training and education to the community and professionals in their chosen field. The programs are completed through hands-on practical demonstrations and participation, high quality learner resources, skill videos, PowerPoint presentations, interactive learner assessments and real-life knowledge and experiences by passionate and professional instructors.
At completion of the CPR course the learner will receive a Nationally Recognised Training qualification that demonstrates they have participated in levels of training that exceed industry best practise standards. The content and related course work will be delivered by an approved CPR Instructor.
Skills that learners will learn in the CPR course include:
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform CPR in accordance with ARC Guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident to workplace
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
The learner will be able to react and execute effective CPR techniques without stopping to think about how to perform various parts of a skill. Regular in-service training sessions will help build confidence and competence. During the course, learners will learn how to manage situations by simulating real life emergencies. Learners will learn skills that are safe, practical and effective.
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation